Too Good Not to Be True
5. A Matter of Death and Life
4. Resurrecting a Friendship
APRIL 24--If you have ever experienced a broken relationship, you know how difficult and painful that can be. Whether we acknowledge it or not, we were made for a relationship with God. The human condition and the realities of our own choices have alienated us from the relationship with God we were made for! Join us and discover the resurrection of hope in the love of God that reconciles our relationship and puts us back in the place we were made to experience!
- What would you say are the objects of your hope?
- Has anyone ever loved you when you didn’t deserve it? How did that make you feel?
- Describe a time you reconciled a broken relationship? What happened and how did it impact your life?
- Hope, love, reconciliation: do these words describe your relationship with God? Why or why not?
3. Time for Change
APRIL 17--One of the things that never changes is the fact that change is difficult. Even the most innovative of us find it difficult to change some parts of our lives. When it comes to faith and our relationship with God, there are all kinds of things (some good and some not so good) that can keep us from experiencing what God intends for us. What is it that we have to be willing to change to experience a relationship with God? You might be surprised!
- What are some things that you cling to instead of God?
- Why would it be difficult to let go of them?
- What would it look like for you to let go in an appropriate way?
- In what ways are you appropriately stepping into the change?
- In what way could you walk forward in a more healthy way?
2. Let Go
APRIL10--Sometimes it is good to cling to something with tenacity. As a former rock climber, I know what it means to hang on! But as a former water skier, I also know that there is a time to let go--unless you have gills and enjoy emulating a submarine! The same is true in our walk with Jesus. The Gospel gives us some things to cling to, but it also compels us to let go of
- In what ways have you made yourself an idol?
- Who are you trying to keep from the love and grace of Jesus?
- Describe some ways you are uncomfortable with facing the full reality of who God is.
- What is God asking you to let go of in your life?
1. You Will Do What?
APRIL 3-- You probably know the statement, “If it seems too good to be true, it probably is!” The truth is, that is generally pretty sound advice. Maybe that is why the message of the Gospel is so hard to grasp. It seems too good to be true, but in reality, it is too good NOT to be true!
- How is Christianity different from other major world religions with regard to how we gain righteousness?
- Why do you think the desire to see people (or ourselves) get what they deserve is so strong in humans?
- How do God’s actions on your behalf make you feel? Why?
- Why is it important for God to demonstrate His justice AND His grace?