Have you ever noticed how disposable, fast-paced culture has become? At Anchor Point, our desire is to live lives that make a lasting difference. In short, we want our legacy to be significant! Join us as we explore the values that shape our approach to doing life together.
6. gET rEAL!
FEBRUARY 14--The world has had enough of phony and independent. We want to be a place where we can be authentic with our lives and committed to belonging to each other and God so that we can grow and change in our lives. We want real life with real relationship for real change. Join us as we explore a road to REAL life!
- In what ways do you feel as though your life is not really authentic?
- How do you find yourself trying to cover up your weaknesses?
- What are some ways that you avoid the discouragement of failures?
- Name two or three things you could do to be more passionate, humble, and dependent on God’s power.
5. rEADY TO gO!
FEBRUARY 7--Big dreams--big plans--we have plenty of those around Anchor Point. The fact is, it takes many willing hands empowered by God's strength to be and do what God wants from us! Join us as we explore what we need to build into our life if we want to "live the dream"!
- Where do you see yourself on the discipleship pathway?
- In what ways is Anchor Point helping you to grow?
- What sidetracks you from staying on a growth pathway?
- What are you willing to do to take the next step in your growth?
4. lISTEN uP
JANUARY 31--Do you ever wish God would tell you what it is that He wants from you? Do you ever wish you could be a part of a group or a church that would be directed by God Himself? That is exactly what we want as individuals and as church family! But sometimes it just seems like God is not telling us anything. . . . Or is it that we just aren't listening?
- When have you allowed your desires to push you ahead of waiting for God’s voice? Why?
- In what ways are you watching for God’s involvement in your everyday comings and goings?
- What areas of your life have you walled off from listening because of a fear of what you might hear?
- How can we as a church make certain that we listen for God’s corporate direction?
JANUARY 17--At Anchor Point, one of our core value is to use our gifts and abilities in interdependent relationships--and to build loving relationships. But, how do we take a core value and apply it in our lives so it's something we do and not just parrot? It comes down to sowing--or, in more modern terms, taking steps.
- What is your strategy for using and developing your gifts and abilities for the Kingdom? What steps do you need to initiate this year, and what steps do you need to stop taking?
- What is your strategy for building loving relationships? What steps do you need to initiate this year, and what steps do you need to stop taking?
- Do you wrestle more with the development of the right steps or the execution of them? What can you do to offset that?
2. tAKING iT TO THE sTREETS!
JANUARY 10--For those who call themselves Christ-followers, there is a different way to live. It's not the kind of different that makes people cringe and run away; it's the kind of different that draws people and invites them to come back to God or to find Him for the very first time. The problem is not withwhat God offers but with how we present His offer in a way that people can see.
- Starting at home, are you living an attractive lifestyle?
- In what ways are you intentionally looking for ways to enter our community?
- How can Anchor Point make certain that we look like Jesus to the Twin Ports?
- What will YOU do to make certain that we are a fishing boat, not a cruiser?
1. Life No Matter What
JANUARY 3--True passion is never uncovered in the good times--everybody is excited when you are winning. True passion is forged and revealed through the ups AND downs, the good times AND struggles. How can we live a truly ardent life and build the character that keeps us on the road whether the bandwagon is coming along or not?
- Do you view ministry as your mission in life or as an activity in life?
- How does your approach to ministry demonstrate ardent commitment to the mission of Jesus?
- In what ways are you aware that you are engaged in a struggle with an enemy?
- How do you demonstrate dependence on God in your pursuit of the mission?