2012 Stand-Alone Messages
DEC 30--Many of us make New Year resolutions, but all too often they drop by the wayside and our lives continue on mostly unchanged. It is not that change is impossible. God is in the business of changing lives. The challenge is in finding and keeping a focus on allowing God's power to transform our lives.
The Big Picture
AUG 26--Brandon Hall is first and foremost a disciple of Jesus. He lives in Duluth with his family: lovely wife Kate, and three beautiful girls- Maddie (4), Norah (3), and Elyse (10 mo). Brandon worked with The Navigators for three years. He is currently an elder at Anchor Point Church and senior software engineer for Saturn Systems.
Gideon: The Warrior Within
AUG 19--Ryan Underwood, Executive Director for the Twin Port's Youth for Christ and the Encounter Youth Center, has lived in Duluth with his wife Liz since 2006. They have three children, Jameson (4), Lucia (2) and Colette (3 months). Ryan has worked with Youth for Christ for three years. Before that, he was the youth pastor at the Duluth Gospel Tabernacle. Today, he shares insight from Gideon's life as told in Judges 6-7.
Tools for the Trade
JUL 15--Anchor Point Elder Gordy Mesedahl shares some practical tools for reading and comprehending the Bible.
Zealous for Good Works
JUL 1--Most Christians don't purposely walk away from God; they drift away, missing the abundant life Jesus promises by settling for "good enough." But God's desire is for you to tap into the passions Christ has for your life, to use these gifts for His glory, leaving an enduring impact. Join Aaron Miatke, Cru director for the Northlands, as he teaches and challenges us to produce fruit that remains.
APR 22--Joe Richter, executive director of FARMS International, shares what God is doing overseas through interest-free loans and Christian stewardship training to help families give and work their way out of poverty. Their "unique approach to microcredit has helped thousands of families and and their churches in places of great need and persecution for fifty years."
An Easter Love STory
APR 8--The ultimate love story: greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
- How are you facing the reality of “the room” in your life?
- Which aspect of Jesus’ love (chases, graces, gifts, lifts) is most meaningful to you? Why?
- Describe the ways you are being changed by the love of Jesus.
- Have you allowed Jesus to write His name over your life?
Impact World Tour
JAN 29--Do those around you see you as committed to God, or does your life resemble those of the world around you? James Baldwin of YWAM challenges us to face the reality of this hour and willingly do what God tells us.
Run to Win?
- Get rid of it! - A _________ __________ Life.
- Break free from it! – A ________ __________ Life.
- Stay with it! – A ______________ Life.
- Keep your eyes on it! – A _________-________ Life.
- How would you describe what you are living for?
- Which of the four aspects of life are you best living?
- Which of the four aspects of life are you least living?
- Can you name three things you will do this year to refocus your life?